Published on 14 December 2016

Dolce

A TIN WITH SEVENTEENTH CENTURY PAINTINGS BY GUARDI


DOLCE

Venice is the city that has contributed the most to the Italian coffee culture and we wanted to pay tribute to it with a special tin: Dolce.
We like to think that our coffee goes round the world telling an important piece of history and that it can do something so that it always continues to be recounted.

In the sixteenth century, thanks to the commercial relations with the near East, coffee arrived in Venice and gradually became the most desired beverage and a factor of economic development for the city. In the seventeenth century and in the following century the first cafés in town opened and then in the rest of Europe. Venice was, for coffee, the door to the world.
It is exactly in Venice that, in the second half of the Eighteenth century, Francesco Guardi used to hang out with other artists at the most famous café in St Mark’s Square and made his paintings, among which the two views that we have reproduced on our tins.
Dolce is a way to celebrate the link with art. A bond in which we have always believed, as proved by the many national and international collaborations for the corporate image and communication. Like the tins dedicated to the exhibition of El Greco in Treviso, or again the illustrations on the limited edition tins that every year are made by a different artist. On this occasion, we have launched an agreement with the Giorgio Franchetti Gallery at Ca’ D’Oro in Venice, that today keeps Franceco Guardi’s paintings, and with the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities, with whom there will be a reciprocal collaboration. Espresso, an Italian invention, is one of the most widespread extraction methods and probably the most famous one; culture has developed revolving around it and coffee, in turn, has developed thanks to its culture.
Dolce is the new look of a blend that the company has always made, the first launched by in 1948. Only the name has changed, becoming DOLCE from the previous Gran Miscela Dolce, hence emphasizing its main feature (Dolce means sweet). In the brand, above the name, the “Traditional Italian” type of toasting is in evidence.
The blend
The coffee that make up Dolce are Arabica for 90% and come from Ethiopia, Brazil, Guatemala, Honduras, while the remaining 10%, of the Robusta type, comes from Flores, in the Sonda Islands group, between the Indian and the Pacific ocean, where one of the best Robustas in the world is grown. The final result is an intense taste, velvety while the body is full. The slight acidity gives the cup a perfect balance.
It leaves room for pleasant aftertaste with cocoa and bitter fruit scents, that remain for a prolonged time with hints of milk chocolate and with the fragrance of toasted bread.

TI PIACE? CONDIVIDILO!